What do I need to have?
1. An Internet-capable device...
- While laptops are preferred, netbooks, iPads, tablets, and smartphones are acceptable as well, so choose the device that works best for you.
- If you don't have a device available, your teacher may loan you a school-owned device for the duration of the class, or you may work with a group.
- A special network for BYOD is accessible at school. Our Wi-Fi Network is WAKE-BYOD.
- WCPSS email, Google Classroom, Power School, Google Apps for Education, Canvas, and SAS Curriculum Pathways are provided by the county for every student.
- Please remember you are responsible for your device while using it on school campus.
I need to know and understand...
1. BYOD is a privilege, not a right.
- If you can not follow BYOD Guidelines, teachers will ask for your device for the class period and refusal to do will cause disciplinary action.
- Working on your laptop might be easier to manage then typing on a small, hard to see smartphone or tablet screen. Its totally cool for you to bring in that laptop.
- It's okay to have stickers and decals on your Personal Device but make sure that they are not offensive and promote intolerance.
- By labeling your Personal Device you are able to easily identify your device from others.